Friday, September 26, 2008

DisneyWorld & Cruise Family Vacation

Our long needed vacation started on September 15th and is currently ending now that we are waiting for our flight in the Miami Airport for another 4 hours and then a 5 hour flight back for Ontario, CA. We had lots of fun and gained lots of memories... I have tried to group some of my favorite photos together, but its hard to pick just a few out of hundreds! Our trip started in Disneyworld where we stayed at the Pop Century Report. Each building at the this report was dedicated to a different decade. We stayed in the 1970's building. I love towel animals... I have a least 10 pictures of just towel animals. All the landscape decorations were enormous at this report. For example, Bryson and I are sitting on the wheel of a giant tricycle and Bryson is climbing up a giant fusball table man. There were many more things of coarse. I also have no problem standing in line to meet the Disney characters... that's what Disney is all about! Bryson is getting kissed by Aurora and I had a thing for King Louis! I loved the hat on the right, but I didn't get it... I regret it now. I think it looks pretty good on me... what do you think? I was picked to be an extra on the Indian Jones Show... I'm the 5th one from the left, waving my hands because I'm acting like I'm scared. My family got off of Splash Moutain and were winners of the "Year of a Million Dreams!" Disney gives away random prizes throughout the park and you have to simply be in the right place at the right time. They give away unlimited fast passes, a night stay on the Cinderella hotel, cruises, etc.... Guess what we won... Mickey hats... lol. They are one of a kind... no where can you buy the "Year of a Million Dreams" logo Mickey hat... expect when I put mine on ebay. : ) The Epcot Center was a lot more fun then we had originally thought it would be. I am sitting in a brand new Acadia among other cars right outside of the GM ride. The GM ride is the fastest and longest right at Disneyland, it consists of various tests that GM preforms before the cars are sold. The Wild Animal park was one of my favorite parks at Disneyworld. There is a ride called 'Jungle Safari' were they actually have a full safari and bus ride through it. I used no zoom on this pictures; we were so close to lots of different animals. In the Gorilla Patch, there was a chalkboard depicking the unique elements of a gorilla and yes... Bryson really does have the wingspan of a gorilla, just like we all suspected. Even our brother-in-law, who is taller than Bryson, needed at least a full hand length more. The rental car from Disneyworld to the Cruise Line... about 6 hours. My sister received some infection in her eye and this is us trying to get eye drops in her eye because she hates doing it herself.

The Everglade tour was also very fun. Oh yes! This is us holding a really aligator!

We finally made it to the Royal Carribean cruise! We went on a 5 day Western Carribean cruise. We did three excursions: swimming with the Dolphins (by far our favorite!), snorkling, (very beautiful as well), and SNUBA diving. I did not spell that wrong SNUBA is different than SCUBA diving. SNUBA diving, one is limited by the lenth of your air tube because we are connected to the boat. The picture of my feet is my first time in the Atlantic Ocean on the United States east coast.

We have two birthdays in our family that overlapped our vacation: my mom and my brother-in-law, John. This is my sister, Kelly, waking my mom up and giving her a Disney birthday crown, then we took her to breakfast. We had a Orcastra trio come to our private dining room, so some of us got up and started dancing.

But no matter were we go, we can't get away from UPS work. We had lots of fun and we were glad to have the time together.

5 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a blast. I'm so jealous, you got to swim with dolphins! Cool pictures!

Emilee said...

What a fun trip! I love all the pictures you took. It is a lot funner to take pictures when you have a blog:)

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

WOW!!! I probably shouldn't show Landon the picture of Bryson in Bruce's mouth. That might be a little disturbing for him to see.

Caldwell said...

Wow, that looked like so much fun! What a great family you have! Thanks for sharing.

Btw, hope you are feeling better...

Bryan and Natalie said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Where did you find the money and time to do all of this? I am rather jealous!