Sunday, March 16, 2014

Germany Update

I know... I'm a few holidays and events behind. I will catch up!!... when we have our computer and stuff back at the end of April.  We knew this move was going to be a process, but boy has it ever been one!! We have been non stop busy and so tired!  Our flight left at 1am, so we strapped I'm their car seats and they slept the entire time. Bryson and I were in and out, but surprisingly, it was fast. Unfortunately, there was a solider who had the flu and threw up 4 times (once right next to me). I felt bad for him, but the smell circulating the plane was awful. 
We had a 4 hour bus ride once we arrived and the girls slept for about the first half. The bus driver stopped at McDonalds for a pit stop and I was so sad that our first German meal was at McDonalds. Yuck. We arrived about midnight local time and we tired to say the least. Bryson had meetings at 10am while the girls and I slept until noon... I woke the girls up at noon! It took about 3 days to adjust to the time and about a week to REALLY adjust to the jet lag.

Currently our household goods and our van will arrive in about a month. We have purchased an old 1992 BMW for Bryson to drive around in and all of us for now. 

We have found a house in a beautiful village! The address is: 
Goethering 22B
91732 Merkendorf

It's about a 15min drive for Bryson to work through beautiful country roads. It's a brand new house that's actually still under construction. A 3 bedroom home (plus 3 other storage rooms) with 2 garages (rare in Germany!) and 4 stories. We should be in by the beginning of April.  We already know 2 families that just moved into their homes around the corner who were on our very same plane ride over. 

Our APO address is:
Bryson Jones/ Rebecca Jones
CMR 454 Box 3248
APO AE 09250
*Remember it has to have one of our names on it- not Coralee or Madelyn
This address is just like sending something in the states.

Our emails:
Jones_bryson@yahoo.com
Rebeccajones87@yahoo.com

Our German CELL phones:
German Code: +49 (Replace "0" with "49"
(All phone numbers seem to be different lengths, not sure why yet... So no, not a typo- Bryson's is 1 number longer than mine.)

When we get a land line in our house, we'll get a plan to be able to call the states. It's 10 Euros a month to call to the US on our LAND LINE.  So, we will definitely call regularly or if you want to chat, you could email us or message us through Facebook or Hangouts app, then we can call you.

Smart phones are a big help. We have free apps for texting and face timing.  So far we like: 
Facebook Messenger
Hangouts

Church members have been a big help! We're looking forward to getting settled.  And it's confirmed that Bryson's unit is not deploying in June, but a few other units here are. Yeah! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more about it! the trip over sounds horrid! Your a trooper. I'm so glad you have friends there you know already!

Caldwell said...

Wow, how exciting for all of you! I was wondering how you were doing!