Sunday, December 15, 2013

Thanksgiving & Becky's Birthday

My birthday was the day before Thanksgiving this year and Bryson got me beautiful flowers!  


On Thanksgiving, we went over to our friends', Courtney and Brian Jenne, home.  They have a ranch and built their beautiful home and love having large gatherings.  Coralee actually remembered that this was the place we came for Easter- when we pulled into their ranch, she said, "This is where we got the eggs!"  

Coralee would only pet the horses from afar, but our fearless Madelyn, wouldn't get off!  Courtney also gave me a jar of their local honey from their bees for my birthday; they just bought a bee farm/ hive.  I had never had fresh honey before- LOVE it!  I'm not sure why I was so surprised, anything homemade, always tastes better!  It has so much more flavor!


We decorated the tree the next day and the girls loved every minute of it.  I'm definitely understanding why my mom couldn't wait for us to wake up on Christmas morning- I'm dying here!  In Germany, Saint Nicolas comes on December 6th, maybe we'll have to start a little tradition of opening something on the sixth!


No comments: