This pass weekend we went to an Irwin (Mother's mother side of the family) family reunion. My Aunt Gwen planned it so that it would be inexpensive for everyone this year! We went to a dude ranch called Rockin' R Ranch in Antimony, Utah- city population: 162 (really- they told us that). Food, lodging, and activities were all included in the price. We first stopped in Vegas for a night at my aunt's timeshare.
We began by going to the arena and learning how to laso- Bryson have fun lasoing the kids.


We had a fun time at the dance. We took some line dancing lessions just before, so we could dance our hearts away; a live band was even brought in. 
My 1st cousin once removed, Jennifer Shorr, takes gourgeous photos. I have been wanting a professional camera for a long time! I think I'm finally going to get one.
When you go horse back riding, you have to get a butt shot! We went on many Trail Rides. It was gorgeous outsite! It even started to rain with lightning; We felt very westen!
Bryson was in his element!
The colts were so sweet! They weren't tied up, so they would just walk right up to you.
We did some archery too! I have to say- I got two bull's eyes and Bryson, well, let's just say, I beat him by two. :D Bryson, overall, did much better than me though.
Bryson decided to show off to my young cousins by swinging on this rope without falling in the lake.
He was getting ready....
He didn't quite make it....
He did it the next time around.
The best part was the ATV riding! I had never done it before. We had so much fun! Bryson topped out at 51 mph and we both got some air.
We decided to be a little adventurous and go off the designated trails.
They even had bull riding! (They were baby bulls- I don't have pictures). This is what the kids were allowed to do- ride the sheeps; most would fall off in about 20 feet.
We also had hay rides and played some volleyball in our free time; Bryson had awesome serves! It reminds me of how Bryson and I met playing volleyball.
And it wouldn't be my family reunion without the dominos!
2 comments:
The pictures look like SO much fun!!! I love the one of you from behind..you're in the purple shirt! FUN!!!
Wow, you guys really know how to have a reunion. Sounds like a blast! Looks like your family alone probably increased the population by 50 percent!
Post a Comment