Monday, August 24, 2009

Bryson's 26th Birthday

Bryson's birthday didn't exactly go the way I planned. I was told that a play was happening last weekend on Highland Avenue in San Bernardino. I ASSUMED it was the Perris Hill Park Plays on Highland Avenue that are done every year. The Perris Hill Park Productions are at an outdoor theater where you bring blankets and picnics and the plays are really well funded and always are GREAT; people show up 2 hours in advance waiting to get tickets! I remember going to them every year with my cousins and sometimes freezing at night because of the outdoor theater. When I heard about this, I thought it would be really fun and romantic. Well, when we showed up, no one was there... nobody, no cast or anything. I looked back at the address and was shocked that it ended up being one block down the street at this hole-in-the-wall theater (really- we sat in metal folding chairs). The Perris Hill Park play production ended a month ago. I felt really bad, but I told Bryson I would make it up to him and we definately had a lot of laughs about it and had a fun time anyways- that's all that really counts, right!
On our way to the play, we stopped by the cementary because Mom's headstone had been put on; you could definately tell that it was freshly dug because the grass was patched all around it. Bryson has been such a sweet heart to me being so sensitive about my feelings during these last few months and especially this past month afterwards has been hard. It's been hard for me to be motivated to do things like I used to, but he always has a smile on his face!
We ended the night with Bryson's favorite... Dairy Queen. Bryson had a carmel sunday and I had my favorite... the original, small, vanilla cone. Boring, I know, but I love vanila! Bryson is such an unreplacable, special part of me; truly my better half. I don't know how I have been so lucky to have him. There is a man that I work with that has known Bryson since he was little and everyday he stops by my desk and tells me what a special guy Bryson is and everyday I respond, "He really is."

4 comments:

Caldwell said...

Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to...but then again, nothing ever really does, right? Happy belated Bryson!

The girls were watching a helicopter fly by the other day and talked about you. Miss you guys!

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Happy belated birthday Bryson! I always get just plain vanilla cones too, but dipped in chocolate!

Michelle said...

Ahh...glad you still had a good time. Ice cream always makes things better. :)

Hope you are doing ok! Call if you need to talk. :)

Very Zaneta said...

Sounds like you built some wonderful memories for his birthday. The headstone looks lovely, Beck. Happy Birthday Bryson!