Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independence Weekend

I forgot my camera all weekend long, so no pictures!
My family started a rotation taking care of my mom, so that she always has someone with her. Because I work and go to school all week long, I take weekends with her. I spent some quality time with my mom on Friday night and Bryson went to his parent's house because his Uncle Jim came in from Washington for a visit. Bryson's sister and husband, Janae and Charlie, have season tickets to the Angels and took Bryson along with them after, so he wouldn't be alone that night. Bryson had a blast! I left my mom's house at 8 o'clock in the morning, then went to work on Saturday for a couple of hours (don't worry-it was optional, not mandatory). Bryson also went to the beach with Janae and Charlie on Saturday because my next shift at my mom's started at 1 o'clock. My dad treated us to a baseball game in San Bernardino, the 66's; we used to go every year as kids. There was a beautiful firework show and I finally got to see my husband after not seeing him for two days; no exaggerating at all! The weekend ended with it being my turn to give the Fast Sunday Relief Society lesson. Since, it's pioneer month and our Bishop wants us to focus on temples this year, I spoke on the different sacrifices that pioneers made versus our time for the progression of temple work.

2 comments:

Phipps Family said...

Sorry to hear you were away from each other that long but glad to hear that you had a good time anyway. We miss you being in our ward.

Very Zaneta said...

I'm sure your lesson went well, Beck. Thanks for taking the time to blog and check my blog. It helps the 3,000 miles not seem so far away.