Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fire Power

So, I woke up at the normal time of 4:30 this morning, turned on the news (I always check out the weather for the day), and found out that another fire had popped up on Little Mountain in San Bernardino. I called into my school, Cal State, to see if class was still scheduled, but it wasn't. It was cancelled for today! Cal State was turned into an evacuation center along with the LDS Church across the street. It was nice to have a little bit of extra time to get some more homework done, but I hope all residents are safe and back in their homes now that the fire is out.

3 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

sad for the people evacuating, but kinda cool that you got a day off of school!

Emilee said...

I love when school gets cancelled! In Utah it is usually due to snow, but since we don't really get that here you work with what you got! That is kinda scary that a fire is that close.

Blog Example said...

Ahhh...the memories!