After Bryson being gone for 2 months, mommy went to a much needed girls night out. We had a night of Minute-to-win-it Games!
While waiting at IKEA, some German kids challenged Bryson to some foosball.
We finally made it to my Great - Grandfather on my father's side birthplace here in Germany. Only 2 generations between us. Its a very small town, but we got pictures of the main square.
Entertaining while waiting for our food to arrive at a local restaurant.
Hotel rooms are so much fun for a 4 and 2 year old.
My Great-Grandfather's birthplace is in the Black Forest of Germany- a BEAUTIFUL place! Also where the tallest waterfall in Germany is located.
Also, the Black Forest is where the cuckoo clock was invented.
November 11th is St. Martin's day is Germany- celebrating the new harvest. The nights before and on the night of Nov. 11, children walk in processions carrying lanterns, which they made in school, and sing Martin songs. Usually, the walk starts at a church and goes to a public square. A man on horseback dressed like St. Martin accompanies the children. When they reach the square, Martin’s bonfire is lit and Martin’s pretzels are distributed.
We also made a trip to Munich. Munich is full of history including car history: the BMW factory. Bryson loved it!
Coralee's photography skills.
We ate lunch there and admired the new BMW owners receiving their new cars.
While Bryson and Elliot were admiring the old cars, Coralee and Madelyn had both fallen asleep in the stroller, so Brandy and I were taking pictures in front of the cars that we liked- the teal ones...
Outside the museum we were trying to make cool panoramic photos.
Munich is also the home of one of the first concentration camps: Dachau.
The "Shower Room" which was actually a gas chamber.
November also brought our first visitor to us- my cousin Torie! She is an Irish dancer and was in Germany and Ireland judging their countries competitions. We had a blast together!
Then to end the month, we were able to go to southern Germany, Garmisch. Garmisch is right at the base of the German alps- it's breathtakingly beautiful!
This is the tallest point of the German Alps - Zugspitze at 2,962 m.
I wasn't a fan of the gondola rides.
Bryson thought is was hilarious that I didn't want to fall to my death at the highest peak in the German Alps- I stayed away from the sides.
My 27th birthday landed on Thanksgiving this year. We invited a few neighbors over and they were SO EXCITED to participate in American Thanksgiving! I couldn't believe that I forgot to take pictures! I'm so upset! The only pictures I have are of Madelyn who found the left over rolls the next day in the pantry.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment