Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Family Life

Both our girls are growing fast!
 
Coralee is like a sponge learning her letters, numbers, and colors.  We have a "Letter of the Week" that I tape to our living room wall which we color and learn things that begin with that letter throughout the week. 
She can count to 5 on her own, then gets mixed up after that. 
She loves her rain boots- rain or shine. 

She gets to play with her make up (Mom's old stuff.)   
 
A girl who lives around the corner and is Coralee's nursery leader at church just got a purebred German Shepard puppy and wants her to get used to being around kids (she's a bit shy now), so she asked if she could come over ever once in a while and have her play with Coralee.  I jumped on that opportunity!  Coralee loved it!  Coralee fed the dog treats and loved bossing the dog around by giving her commands.  The dog gave her kisses on her cheek when Cora gave her the command.  
 
 
Coralee loves Dr. Suess' Green Eggs & Ham, so I thought I'd make some green eggs and ham for breakfast.  Very discusting looking- I almost didn't eat them, but once I took one bite, they still tasted like nice fluffy scrambled eggs!  Coralee loved it too.
She is STILL a constant mover when she sleeps.  I assumed she'd eventually outgrow it, but hasn't yet.  She doesn't fall out of bed anymore, but I always assume that she's cold without blankets!  When I get up to feed Madelyn, I move her back into a more comfortable position and put the blankets back on.
 
 I signed her up for gymnastics that starts next week here on base. Expect a pink tutu picture coming soon!
 
 
Madeyln has been so smiley!  She smiles and "ooos" and "ahhhs" at us in sweet little baby sounds.  Dad usually gets the best smiles and giggles.  She is still growing like a champ!  Still wearing 3 month onsies and separate tops and bottoms, but nothing with feet attached in that size.  She is sleeping from 8pm-4am and 4am-7am usually.
 
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are doing well. I can't wait till Ken sleeps that much. I feel like I'm loosing my mind!