Thursday, March 24, 2011

Landscaping Project

The trees in our back yard were so overgrown that the roots had grown under our house (very bad), so we needed to get those removed before they did any more damage. Our front yard needed some tender loving care also. For a long time, we just didn't know what we wanted to do with it. We decided, since we want this to be a rental property someday, we weren't going to invest a lot of money into it and we wanted it very low maintenance.
  • Before (sort of) of Front Yard: I forgot to take a picture with all the giant weeds.
  • After weeding, tree trimming, and laying down the bark of the Front Yard.
  • Some during photos of weeding and tree trimming. It took us three weeks worth of filling our trash cans with weeds to get rid of the pile.
  • Before of Back Yard
  • After of Back Yard

  • Some more Durings of the Front Yard when the Tree Service Company was here. The chipper and the stump grinder were extremely loud and I was a little worried about Cora not sleeping very well that day, but she slept right through them.
  • This is just some things I've been doing lately. I received a Wheat Grinder Kitchen Aid Attachment for my birthday from my sister-in-law and I have been grinding up all our wheat for flour.
  • A friend of mine gave me a recipe for homemade granola bars (I burnt them a little; that's the bottom side showing, so they look a lot darker than the top; they were still yummy!)
  • Left: How I lay her down for naps.
  • Right: How I usually find her after naps. I'm not sure why sideways is so much more fun!

4 comments:

Naters and Katers said...

WOW! you guys have been busy with home improvements. Everything looks great!

Maria said...

Good work, the bark looks really nice. I'm interested in the wheat grinder... you'll have to share more about what you do.

Amber said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. And I think I just got that same granola recipe :)

Anonymous said...

Becky that looks great! Good work!