Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Celebrations...

Well, our biggest and BEST news of the week is that Bryson received his CF II License! He is now a Certified Flight Instructor! We knew he could do it!
Bryson chose which restaurant he wanted to celebrate at and he chose our favorite sushi restaurant, Oishi. And, of coarse, he also chose his favorite dessert, Dairy Queen.
I also had a dream come true this week as well... I love photography - I would love someday to put together a portfolio and do photo shoots. Bryson made my dream come true by getting me an early birthday and Christmas present: a Canon 15.1MP Rebel T1i camera. Costco had a deal we COULD NOT pass up; we have been looking online for deals and even the Costco price online wasn't as good as this in-store price; it came with the standard lens, the telephoto lens, the camera bag, and all the accessories. We wanted to get it earlier in the season, so I could practice and then we would be able to take great family holiday photos. Here are some of my favorites so far:
Aren't the color's gorgeous on this one:
Our nephew, Christian:
We got together with Bryson's family and friends on Saturday for a pool/ BBQ party and to watch the Angel/ Yankee playoff game. I am loving landscape photos.
I'm practicing the blurry effect: blurring in the back with the front focused and blurring in the front with the back focused.

7 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Very nice! I've been wanting a better camera too- love taking pictures! Congrats Bryson!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks good girl. So excited for you guys that Bryson passed!!! Yay!

Very Zaneta said...

Congrats to you both. Love you, Beck!
-z

BNN said...

Love the pics. CONGRATS Bryson. That is awsome news!

Caldwell said...

Hey, that's my camera! I'll have to find out later what kind of deal you got!

By the way, in case you are interested, that effect is called Bokeh!

Caldwell said...

Oh, and Congrats Bryson!!!

Maria said...

very nice, becky! thats on my wish list for christmas too.