Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mini- Thanksgiving Dinner

Saturday was fun! Bryson usually receives a turkey from UPS each year for Christmas, but this year they gave out coupons instead. We decided to have a Thanksgiving dinner with friends that we hadn't seen in years! This gang (minus 1) was the gang we hung out with during our dating years. Mike's (the plus 1 guy) wife was out of town this weekend, so we made sure that he had good food while she was out of town!
This was the first turkey that I made all by myself (besides the fact that turkeys now come basically all ready to go). : D I did a sage and butter rub and basted it with really maple syrup. It was perfectly golden brown and moist! And because of the maple syrup baste, the gravy had a sweet flavor.
It was nice to get together with them to see how much has changed in all of our lives. From the left to right, starting in the front: Mike Zurn, Darren and Tiffany Gunnell, Angela and Tyler Munyer, Devin and Heather Gunnell, and us.

1 comment:

Happy Heavin said...

THAT was the BEST meal I've ever had!! You're turkey was YUMMY..oh by the way I need that recipe..Thanks girly for putting that on!!