It's always been a goal of mine to be a runner. I was determined after baby #2 that it would happen. The base has monthly 5Ks and occasionly 10Ks and half marathons. I decided to sign up for the Halloween "Spooky 5K." I had been training at night after the girls are in bed, but hadn't ran without stopping that far yet. My goal was to never stop running! Addie, a friend from the ward and also my visiting teaching companion, and I noticed at the beginning of the race that we were about the same pace, so we ran together. We never stopped- we made our goal!
Bryson ran also - of coarse a 5K is a warm up for him, but he pushed the double stroller. Many people were dressed for Halloween and so were we: Bryson went as a UPS guy (haha- a lot of runners passing thought it was hilarious!) and I had angel wings on, but they got taken off soon after the race started. There were many funny political constumes which make the race more ammusing as you're running by. They had some monstrous hills in this race that I was struggling with - I can't believe he did it with a double stroller! He was trying to get the award for first person to finish with a stroller, but came in second! He noticed afterwards that Cora's blanket was caught underneath the tire and was dragging the whole time- next time I'm sure Bryson will get it!
This was a first race for both of us, so I was glad we could do it together!
Madelyn was sleeping the whole race, but was nice and happy (as usual) after the race.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
1 comment:
How did Bryson find UPS work attire to wear??
Haha kidding. Awesome job!!
Post a Comment