I was due on July 4th, but similar to my first pregnancy, I went overdue. I did not want to be induced, but because we were moving across the country, I had to schedule it for the 9th (the latest I could before the move.) I ended up going into labor that same night, so I never needed pitocin. (Yeah!) BUT, Madelyn was in "face present" position and therefore, needed to be removed via cesarean. Janae (Bryson's sister) was a volunteer at the hospital at the time in Labour and Delivery and was able to witness and assist with the surgery. Madelyn Michelle Jones was 8lbs 2ounces, 20.5 inches and born at 10:35am. Labour was 10 hours - same as Coralee's birth.
Madelyn was so wedged tight in face-present position that her upper lip was extremely swollen. The doctor thought she had a slight cleft palate, but the swelling went down and she is perfectly healthy.
Baby Blessing was in the hosipal, the day after delivery- right after Bryson and family members helped load our moving truck.
Random pictures of family holding Madelyn.
Just a cute picture of cousins eating lunch together while they came to visit baby Madelyn.
Coralee LOVES her baby sister and helps Mom get the diapers, get the wipes, change the diaper, get the burp cloths, do the laundry, put the laundry away, load/ unload dishes from the dish washer, put bows on Madelyn, etc... Coralee is really excelling vocally too- her vocabulary has expanded a lot.
My Aunt Gwen was a life saver for this birth! I'm so lucky to have her! Since I was unable to lift anything, Bryson and Gwen were the movers and unloaders.
3 comments:
Madelyn is so cute! What a busy week you had when you gave birth! Your aunt gwen is an Angel!
Congratulations, Madelyn is beautiful. We miss you guys! I hope all is well in Alabama!
She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations Becky!!
Post a Comment