Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cancer Walk

My mom's birthday, Septemeber 24th, landed on the same day of Corona's Annual Breast Cancer Walk; I decided to walk with my cousin Donnette (a 10 year breast cancer survivor!) in honor of my mom's birthday. It was so nice talking, walking, and getting to know -technically my mom's cousin- Donnette much more. She shared with me some of her personal struggles through cancer and some of the stories she remembered about my mom. As I was driving home, I was crying happy tears, reflecting on my mom and her influence on me and my life. I'm so grateful that my husband was able to get to know my mother because every once in a while I'll say something random and Bryson will reply, "Wow, that sounded like your Mom!" (In a good way!)
I was able to take my mom to the temple for her last time. I always remember that special time we shared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great. I'm glad you were able to do this walk.