Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mother's Quilts

When my mom was diagnosed with cancer and we knew she probably wouldn't make it to Christmas, I decided to make quilts out of her clothes and things she owned for Christmas presents. I made one for each of my sister's, one for my Aunt Gwen, one for my Grandma, and one for me. I was so excited to give them to everyone this Christmas. I am really proud of how they turned out. This was my first quilting project I have actually finished!
THANK YOU to everyone who helped me cut out squares, let me use their embroidery machine, borrow the quilting frame, and help tie the quilts!!! I would not have finished in time without you!

2 comments:

Phipps Family said...

When I first heard of the idea it sounded a little funny but now that I see the finished quilts- I think they are wonderful! They turned out beautifully what a great idea and a wonderful job!

Maria said...

these look great. is it possible for me to recognize some of these prints, because I feel like I do...